I wasn’t planning on writing anything today, but I realized that it’s the end of the month and I would really like to start making a few goals each month. Tomorrow is Friday, so that’s Fitness Friday, and then Saturday I probably won’t post and then it’s Sunday…you get the point! These goals need to happen right here, right now 🙂
I don’t have any major goals, just a few things that I would like to accomplish this month since I think about them often, but put them off just as often.
1. Read one book for enjoyment. I absolutely love reading a good book that I just can’t put down. It’s so fun to be able to get lost in another world for an hour (or three) and follow a story to its end. I used to read pretty often, but this semester has literally been taking over every. single. free. minute. It’s bad. I need to start taking some time every day, or every other day at the very least, to do something enjoyable. I put Wild by Cheryl Strayed on reserve, so I should have it by next week. I read the first fifty pages during the summer and loved it, so I’m excited to read the rest!
2. Get A’s on at least two tests. I strive for all A’s, but this semester is whooping my butt, so I will be happy with two A’s in the next month! I believe I only have three tests, so I better get to studying!
3. Give myself a break! No one is as hard on me as I am on myself. I put an unbelievable amount of pressure on myself for no other reason than…I enjoy being under pressure? Wow, that’s weird, but I think it’s true. That being said, I also think it can be unhealthy and I need to learn to give myself a break every once in a while. I always do the very best that I can, and if the very best isn’t an A, well is it really the end of the world?
I might be a perfectionist when it comes to my grades and GPA. Don’t judge me.
4. Go out and have a good time (twice). In high school, if you asked me what is one thing that I would try to do MORE of when I got to college, the last thing I would say is “go out”. Ha! This ties into goal #3. I have a HUGE fear of looking back on college and wishing I spent less time worrying about my grades and more time doing college things (to an extent). I want to write about that in more length one day, but for now, I will just say that I hope to go out with my friends a couple nights this month.
What a depressing goal!
5. Stop saying LIKE and YEAH. I know these aren’t huge things, but I hear myself say like and yeah SO OFTEN and it’s [like] an out of body experience because I want to smack myself in the forehead and say STOP!!!
I’ll work on it!
I’m excited for these goals and can’t wait to see how I do!
Have a great night!