A Day In The Life: As A Lifeguard

*This was written two weeks ago, but I’m just getting around to posting it…

Another rainy day here at the pool.

I don’t know about anyone reading this, but one of my favorite types of posts by other bloggers are the ones that give a glimpse into their day-to-day lives- not just the fun things that happen, not just the best meals or best workouts.  You know, what happens when no one is reading about it, if you will.IMG_4072editI don’t know why, but I have always thought it would be fascinating to be able to spend a day or a week doing exactly what someone else does.  Eat what they eat, spend time with the people they spend time with, watch the tv they watch, etc.

Or maybe that’s just me.  If that’s the case, let’s just say that I am writing this post for my own interest.  I might not do anything interesting, but one of my favorite reasons for writing this blog is to be able to see what I was up to at a certain time.  Last week, I was scrolling through old WIAW posts to try to get a feel for what last semester was like.  Since there isn’t much detail about what I did on those days, I couldn’t get much out of them besides the fact that I’m busy, tired, and more busy.

So, maybe you won’t find this interesting, but I know I’ll look back on this in a month or a year and five years and think about how different life is.

This is what my day was like last Friday:

7 am:  Alarm goes off.  It’s pouring rain so I decide I’m too cozy to get up so early and shut it off until 7:30 am.

7:30 am: Grumble and groan, but force myself to get up.  I usually look at my phone as soon as I get up.  It’s kind of an annoying habit, but I have found that doing that helps me wake up.  As soon as I get up, I brush my teeth and put on gym clothes.

8:00 am:  I head downstairs and put oatmeal and water in the microwave, then add parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese with an egg.  Eat breakfast while talking to dad and Leland.  Make an egg for Toby since he hasn’t been eating lately.  I have to hand feed pieces to him.

8:15-9 am:  Clean the outside of the cabinets for my mama until they sparkle.

9:15 am:  Hang out and drink iced coffee/ play with my phone.

9:30 am: Make lunch for work.20130625-171256.jpg9:45 am:  Go get my stuff together for work and get ready to head out.

10-11:30 am:  Head out to run errands before work.  I went to the bank to deposit money, Target to buy a planner, Bed Bath & Beyond to exchange and return some stuff.

11:30-12:40 pm:  Went to the gym- ran 3 miles and then did a triceps workout.IMG_29101-8 pm:  Work!  On my breaks, I read blogs, write posts, read the Biography of Steve Jobs, swim, hang out and eat.

8:00 pm:  Speed home because I’m starving.  My mom made homemade cheese burgers with grilled corn, homemade guacamole, steamed green beans and fresh pita.

8:30 pm: Ice cream- Cookie’s ‘n’ Cream and Cashew CaramelIMG_4082[1]9:00 pm: Take a shower

9:15 pm:  Edit my blog, answer e-mails and generally waste time on the computer

10:30 pm:  Call Russ before passing out.  <—— Lame.photo(5)

You may also like