I had fun writing the post about Foodie Favorites that are NOT for me, so I thought it would be fun to share some foodie favorites that I was exposed to through other blogs and are now some of my favorites.
1. Oatmeal. I really think this one goes without saying because I literally eat oatmeal EVERY SINGLE MORNING. I usually eat it sweet with banana, peanut butter and almond milk, but sometimes I make it savory with an egg and cheese. Believe it or not, I didn’t really eat oatmeal until I saw it on every. single. other blog that I read. Toast with peanut butter and banana used to be the go-to, so I guess I haven’t changed that much, huh?
2. Natural Peanut Butter.This might be the third time you’re seeing that picture, but it’s a good example of the ooey-gooey goodness of natural peanut butter. On one of the many blogs I used to read, the author would eat yogurt with the drippiest swirls of peanut butter I had ever seen. My good ole Skippy never did that! I figured out that it was unfrigerated natural PB that does the trick. Perfection.
3. Kale (and Kale Chips).I read about kale chips on a few blogs and decided to give it a go and I’m in looooove. I even got my mom to love them and now she makes them with dinner, as shown above. Raw kale is tough and hard to chew/ digest, but with EVOO and S&P, they crisp up and taste awesome.
5. Almond Milk.
Dairy milk has never been my thing. I just don’t like it. So when I tried almond milk, it was life-changing! It’s creamy, sweet, and finally something I can put on cereal. I love it.
6. Green Smoothies.
If you asked me three years ago what I thought about fruit smoothies with spinach or kale (or no fruit at all- just vegetables), I would have said THAT’S DISGUSTING. Why would anyone put vegetables in a smoothie?! Well now I know! You can’t taste them! (Although kale gets kind of chunky). A couple handfuls of spinach adds vitamins and minerals and a little funky color, without any weird taste. Carrots get nice and smooth and give your smoothie a bright, fun color.
I don’t have smoothies often (mostly because I don’t have a blender at school), but in the summer, my favorite combinations are:
- Banana, yogurt, spinach, peanut butter, and cocoa powder.
- Beet, lemon, spinach, and some sort of fruit.
- Carrot, apple, and other fruit.
- Strawberry, mango, carrot, spinach.
Really anything works!
That’s it! I bet the list goes on and on, but those are the big ones that come to mind! Thanks, healthy-living blog community 🙂