Oooooh, how I had been wanting to go to Bar Galleta ever since I saw it the first night I went to Amargo. It´s always full with no walk-ins available, so I was one happy camper to be able to check it out last week! And it did not disappoint!!
- Address: Corredera Baja de San Pablo 3, Malasaña, Madrid 228004
- Atmosphere: Really nice! Warm lighting, simple design, not too crowded and not too loud. And! Not too hot!! Very important! I guess you could call this design ¨modern hipster¨? Ha
- Type of Food: Modern? Seafood and meat and some pasta. HERE is the menu.
- What I ordered: Tacos mexicanos de bacalao rebozado con guacamole, cilantro, y pico de gallo (cod mexican tacos) AND lomo de buey con papas a la huancaina (beef tenderloin with potatoes). Both were delicious and are recommended. The beef was a little bit fatty for my taste, but I am so beef-starved that I didn´t mind. I really liked the tacos, but did not love that they were fried. The restaurant brings bread with a trio of dips- some sort of olive tapenad, a crushed tomato spread, and cheese dip.
- My date: Perfect.
- Recommendation: Make a reservation well in advance! You won´t get a table without it. And if you want to be near the window, request it at the time of the reservation.
Rating: 9/10 for food (fatty meat) and 9.5/10 for atmosphere (could be a litttttllllle cooler in there)