Here we are! Already in February 2018. It’s been a month since I wrote my 2018 New Year’s Intentions and while a month isn’t all that long, I think it’s important to reflect periodically to see how I’m doing. They say it takes 20-something days to form a habit, right? Right. So 31 days in, how am I doing with my intentions? Let’s see…
- Take one class this year to learn something new or continue learning
- Practice self-kindness.
- Travel to a new continent
As of right now, I am enrolled in a C1 level Spanish class (continue learning, check) and I am starting a ceramics class next week and I CAN’T WAIT! Being kind is an ongoing work-in-progress, but I have been going for more walks and treating myself to cafes con leche, so I think that counts. I don’t have plans to travel to a new continent yet, but Luis and I are going to Israel in just shy of 2 months and I am so excited! As for the other continent, I have 11 months to figure it out 🙂
- Drink 3 bottles of water per day (half liter each)
- Walk 10,000 steps per day, no excuses.
- Do 3 sessions of intentional exercise per week (such as: go for a run, take an exercise class, or do Nike Training Club)
- Eat less meat (less than 3x/ week) and more vegetables (every day)
- Floss my teeth (at least) 5 days per week, but aim for 7.
I have been doing especially well in this realm and that doesn’t surprise me. I am totally one of those all-or-nothing personality types, so a challenge works well for me. I’ve been drinking extra water, and I’m so proud that I’ve walked at least 10,000 steps every day since Jan 1 (even when it was insanely cold!). I haven’t missed any workouts, have been working on getting in more veggies (but to be honest, I don’t know if I eat meat less than 3x per week. If I had to guess, I would assume I eat it 3-4 times per week. Not bad out of 21 meals!). Lastly, I have been flossing my teeth most nights of the week!
- Add $350 or more to retirement account each month
- Save 60% of income per month
I have added that $350 this month and saved 60%, but this is only the first month.
- Intend to meet one friend per week for coffee/ drinks/ dinner to meet up and chat
- Tell my loved ones I love them more
- Do one intentionally fun activity with Luis per week (new restaurant, activity, sport, etc)
- Forgive more easily
This is another on-going process, but I think I’ve been doing well with this! Luis and I have been getting out more, and in case I have forgotten to tell y’all: I LOVE YOU.
- Blog: write one new blog post per week, or a total of 4 or more per month
- Blog: comment on at least two blog posts per week
- Bruja’s Bakery: add four new items this year
- Bruja’s Bakery: update the site at least once per month
- Vipkid: don’t overdue it. Keep it fun
This one is the most exciting for me! I have some new work updates that I will be sharing soon, but suffice it to say that Bruja’s Bakery is growing, Vipkid has a much larger role in my life, and for the first time in a long time, I really feel happy with where I am with work. One thing I do need to keep an eye on is not letting Vipkid take over my life. I need to keep focusing on bigger dreams and goals and let there be open space in my schedule. Something to monitor in the coming months.
Hey 2018, you’re being nice to me. Let’s keep it that way!