For some incredible tortilla espanola, drinks, raciones (plates to share)- all at amazing price- go to El Buo in La Latina! It’s part of a restaurant group that owns a number of similar restaurants, but for large slices of tortilla, you’ll want to head to El Buo and for an entire tortilla to share among friends (seriously, it’s huge), you can go to their restaurant La Buha or order at El Buo.
- Address: Calle Humilladero, 4, 28005 Madrid
- Atmosphere: relaxed, typical Spanish but slightly fancier. Not a “trendy” restaurant by any means, but fun and loud.
- Type of food: Typical Spanish with huuuuge portions! I can’t find their menu, but you’ll find a variety of tortilla “flavors” as well as traditional Spanish dishes.
- What we ordered: Wine and beer, which came with really, really generous tapas and then we shared a (huge) slice of tortilla (with bread) and a racion of huevos rotos con boletus (potatoes with fried eggs and sauteed mushrooms that gets all mixed up together)
- Other recommendations: pimientos de padron and patatas bravas. Didn’t try them, but would like to.
- Would I recommend it?: Yes. I would definitely recommend it for plates to share and to try some good tortilla.
- Would I go back?: Yes!! I am already looking forward to the next time I can go with friends 🙂
Rating: 10/10 for food and fun, 9/10 for atmosphere (we thought it was a little hot in there)