I first heard about Amargo from my roommate, Rachel, who has a coworker that continuosly raved about the burgers. Then she went and came home raving about the burgers. And thennnn, I went with my mom (on a Saturday, with no reservation, but got lucky and got a table!) and have been raving to the world ever since that if you are in Madrid, you must go to Amargo for the BURGER. So good, so decadent, so big. And comes with fries 😉
- Address: Calle del Pez, 2, 28004 Madrid
- Atmosphere: Lively, modern but rustic? I don’t know. Look at the pictures^
- Type of food: Modern, contemporary, burgers, pasta
- What you should order: The Hamburguesa Madrilena (60% Kobe beef, 40% Spanish beef, cheese, carmalized onion, lettuce, pepper, egg, and bacon) or the Tagliatelle con hongos, trufos, y trigueros (pasta in a cream sauce with lots of mushrooms and asparagus). Both are AMAZING and the portions are a good size.
- Other comments: friendly service, the bathroom floor is cool, they have live music entertainment at 10:00 on certain nights
- Tip: Make a reservation! The place is always packed
Rating: 9.5/10 for food, 7/10 for atmosphere. It kind of feels like a dungeon if you eat downstairs.